Wednesday 2 October 2019

Teaching Practice Time!

This is the last week, which means this is an oppotunity to do final teaching practice.

On september 2,2019. I started my final teaching practice, I teach OLCAN,OLCON, St. Ezekiel and St. Nicholas class. At first, my cooperating teacher told me to teach OLCON and St. Nicholas class only. but after my cooperating teacher saw me teaching in OLCON, She told me like " I think you will be able to teach all of the classes today,sheila". Then, I take it to challenge my self to teach all classes.πŸ˜…

I taught them about narative paragraph. They supposed to learn the narative paragraph related with philippines literature during apprenticeship, but i just take some narative paragraph that related with indonesia literature to show them about other culture and stories.
as usual when I entered rhe classroom, They all stood in an orderly manner and says " Good morning, Miss Sheila",And then we pray together before the lesson start. 
After we pray i give them some reflection to motivate them and give them some energy, i told them to stand up, and put their hand into the shoulder beside them. Then, pat on the shoulder of someone beside them while saying "My dear friend, If i can do it then you can do it to. Let's break a leg"

To start the lesson, the first thing i did is i ask them about the relevance of the topic that i will teach with their life.
After that, i show them a video about "The Origin of Mount Merapi" and i tell them to focus and do the note taking about the information that they get,because after i show the video i give them some questions that related with the video that they watch . They really excited to know about the story from another country.
This is the link for " The Origin of Mount Merapi" https://youtu.be/ik-YG--z0YY
The questions after the video showed


After i show them the video, then i relate it with the material its about narrative text. i asked them like, " if you want to write the video into the type of paragraph, what kind of paragraph is this?"
after they answer it, i continue to explain them about the narrative paragraph.
This is my slide about narrative paragraph  
The way i explain is like, i will ask them first and find it first. Then, when they answer correctly or not after that i will show them my slides and explain to them.


Afterward i explain them about the material, i give them a time to ask me a question about what they still dont understand about the material. After all have understood, i ask them to make a group  and because i will give them some test that they will do it with their group, they follow my instruction properly.


this is their task, i gave the the narrative text and then they analyzed the structure of the text
After they all done with their task group, one representative from their group will be in front of the class to present and do the story telling their text.

In the last minute, to end my lesson i did some review or ask them about what was we learned today. And also asked them about what's the Josenian moral values that they can take and get from this topic today. They really think critally when they answer that.
And then, we will pray together the end of our lesson.
St.Ezekiel class

Our Lady of Candelaria (OLCAN) class

St. Nicholas class

Our Lady of Consolation (OLCON) class









No comments:

Post a Comment