Friday 4 October 2019

Summary and suggestions

1.1 Purposes of practicum
the purpose of the program is to prepare myself as a College of education student to be a future teacher, and develop my skills in teaching and pedagogy, and especially improve my English skill in speaking. Knowing about how to teach in other country from southeast asia, And have learned how to navigate other cultures, adapt to new environments and cultures.

1.2 Procedures of practicum
After the orientation day, we met our cooperating teacher. And after that, we start our observation acitivies to know more about how's our cooperating teacher's teaching, our students and school in a week. 
followed by teaching assistance activities, this is about how we exploring our cooperating teacher's method and materials and the lesson plan, and also helping our cooperating teacher with to improve us in final teaching practice. 
The last is teaching practice, this is the core of this practicum. To show our teaching skills from all the results that we already face it during the observation and assistant activities.
After all of those activities, the last is we will get an evaluation from our cooperating teacher to improve us more in the future.

1.3 Outcomes of practicum
I have learned so many things from this program, the most important thing is i have known a ways to teaching,improving my teaching skill and my English skills for the future. And, self-development and awareness leading to enchanced my self-confidence and self-esteem. Encouraged me to accept and understand about different cultural and community prespective. 

1.4 The challenges of practicum
The main challenge for me ofcourse the teaching practice, because it was my first time teaching and teach  foreign students.like, i should find my class management, and how to make my materials interesting. for the environment, its not a big deal for me eventhough its hard to find the halal foods there, and the mosque. And the languages, eventhough most of the cebuano they can speaks English but sometimes they forgot if they speak in bisaya with me that i can't understand.

1.5 Overall Impression
This is one of my biggest achievements of my life for being a part of this program. This program is really giving me a new experiences, i will never forget the experiences that i got from this program . I learned about how to teaching and learning to be a professional teacher, and made me more open-minded . Also, made me see how beautiful and peaceful it is to be united with everyone in despite of, different cultures, beliefs and the language.

1.6 Suggestions for future improvement 
Overall i have no suggestion for future improvement. This program, especially USJR is already give me amazing experiences and very impressive from my first impression until i ended this program.

No comments:

Post a Comment